John Doe Movie Review
Welcome to the site hope you enjoy yourself during your stay. We hope to provide you with all the movie needs you shall posses. So make yourself at home and make yourself comfortable.
John Doe Movie Review
Welcome to the site hope you enjoy yourself during your stay. We hope to provide you with all the movie needs you shall posses. So make yourself at home and make yourself comfortable.
John Doe Movie Review
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Doe Movie Review

We are the faceless people in the crowd. Watching the movies to save you from the bad one.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bangkok Dangerous 2008

Go down 
AuthorMessage
johndoe
Just Begining
Just Begining

Bangkok Dangerous 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Bangkok Dangerous 2008   Bangkok Dangerous 2008 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Title:
Bangkok Dangerous
Rating:
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven /5
Casting:
*click here for cast*
Trailer:

Plot:
A hitman who's in Bangkok to pull off a series of jobs violates his personal code when he falls for a local woman and bonds with his errand boy.

Review
The first thing I noticed about this movie was how they made it feel gritty and unpolished unlike most Hollywood films you see now days. I liked it the fact that this movie is portrayed in a manner that it made you feel like it could actually happen. This is due to the fact the action was realistic from the beginning. I will how ever have to comment on Cages martial arts he used in the film. I should really say the lack of martial arts that was in the film. Anyone can learn some arm movements from some one else and practice to the point of being really fast. That doesn't really mean they know martial arts like he was portrayed in this movie. Then there was the section of the movie were he is training up on the martial art and doing various exercises. He should have left this out of the movie to be honest because you can tell he is out of shape a lot more than what he tries to show. I think he should have tried to break from the traditional martial arts films and not have the training montage in the movie. This scene took away from the film more than it actually gave to the development of the characters and story plot. The action in this film is over all plausible and not over done like Hollywood tends to do sometimes.
I want to say that I enjoyed some of the scenery they choose to shoot at in the film. I loved the authenticity of some of the locations. I am well aware of the fact that there was some produced scene props from the filming studio. Even with those I didn't mind when I spotted those in the movie. It just gave you the feeling like they were actually there instead of building a replica in a studio. For that they earned more points from me as I watched the movie. The cast was selected perfectly for this film. I am not aware of the fact if any of the cast are famous in their home land or not. If by chance they are I apologize but I liked the fact this movie had a bunch of people acting in it that I am not familiar with. I actually prefer movies that are cast with people I am not familiar with. To me it make the movie a lot less predictable that way. I was reading somewhere that had someone make the comment about having Cages character as a supporting role instead of the lead role. I sat there and thought about it a bit and I have to agree with this suggestion. I think this would probably have helped the movie in the box office. That is if they got the right person play the lead instead of Cage. I a not saying he didn't do a good job in his acting in the movie. I would be the first person that would tell you if a person did a good job in a movie or not. I just think he didn't fit the part as a person and not as an actor. It just didn't seem like this role fit him all that well. He did a good job for a low budget film. i think people should ask for more films to be produced like this film. Overall this is not a bad movie to watch if you ever come across it. So why not give it a try and see if you like it or not?
thanks
John Doe
Back to top Go down

Bangkok Dangerous 2008
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
John Doe Movie Review :: Movie Genre :: Action and Adventure-
Jump to: